From Castlebar - County Mayo -
Croí Na Nollag Festival
18, Nov 2011 - 09:00
Castlebar Main Street will be pedestrianised on Saturday 3 December between 12 and 6 pm. A programme of Arts and Cultural events is in place to entertain shoppers on the day includes:
* Seisiún Ceoil is fearr: We're inviting traditional musicians to enter a competition 'An Seisiún Ceoil is fearr' to determine the best musical session on the street on the day. Prizes sponsored by Gnó Mhaigheo: 1st prize €500 / 2nd Prize: €200 / 3rd Prize: €100.
* Mayo Arts Squad will entertain shoppers on the street, playing Christmas tunes on their music box and eukalelia. Some unexpected giant visitors will take to the street to meet people and join in the shopping fever
* Members of the Karen/Burmese Community in Castlebar will perform music and dance on the street
* Carol Singing by local Schools and choir groups on the street throughout the day.
* Opening of Art Exhibition by Jacqueline Hopkins at 'The Mood Gallery' ... and much more!!
Anyone who wants more information or to enter into 'An Seisiún Ceoil is Fearr' competition, contact Thérèse Ruane, Arts and Cultural Events Co-ordinator for the Croí na Nollag festival, at 086 3483414 / email@example.com
© Copyright 2011 by Castlebar - County Mayo -