From Castlebar - County Mayo -
Croí Na Nollag Shopping Festival in Castlebar
By Terese Ruane
29, Nov 2011 - 09:08
Castlebar Main Street will be pedestrianised on Saturday 3 December between 12 and 6 pm. A programme of Arts and Cultural events is in place to entertain shoppers on the day including:
* Fuaim na Féile: Unplugged Music competition: We're inviting musicians to take part in Fuaim na Féile and enter a competition for the best unplugged Music session on the street. Prizes sponsored by Gnó Mhaigheo: 1st prize €500 / 2nd Prize: €200 / 3rd Prize: €100.
* Mayo Arts Squad will entertain shoppers on the street, playing Christmas tunes on their music box and eukalelia. Some unexpected giant visitors will take to the street to meet people and join in the shopping fever
* Members of the Karen/Burmese Community in Castlebar will perform their traditional music and dance
* Crimlin Community Arts Group with their fusion of samba, bagpipes, traditional Irish Music.
* Carol Singing by local Schools and choir groups on the street throughout the day.
* Opening of Art Exhibition by Jacqueline Hopkins at 'The Mood Gallery'
* And much much more .....
Anyone who wants more information or to enter into 'Fuaim na Féíle', contact Thérèse Ruane, Arts and Cultural Events Co-ordinator for the Croí na Nollag festival, at 086 3483414 / email@example.com
Also, Sinéad ...
Fuinneog na Nollag: We want your help to foster the Christmas Spirit in Castlebar this season, by decorating your front window in a bid to promote Croí na Nollag, Castlebar Shopping Festival. 1st Prize: 1st prize €500 / 2nd Prize: €200 / 3rd Prize: €100 plus a free Cuirtéis Teanga Course - Customer Relations Training for your staff from Gnó Mhaigh Eo. To enter contact Gnó Mhaigheo at firstname.lastname@example.org / 098 26555
© Copyright 2011 by Castlebar - County Mayo -