[Castlebar.News ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discuss it - Castlebar 2002 ]
Posted by Mom on April 19, 2002 at 04:38:20:
Rules Kids Won't Learn in School
1. Life is not fair. Get used to it.
2. The real world won't care as much about your self esteem as your
school does. It'll expect you to accomplish something before you feel
good about yourself. This may come as a shock.
3. Sorry, you won't make $40,000 a year right out of high school.
4. If you think your teacher is tough, wait until you get a boss.
5. Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity.
6. It is not your parents' fault. If you screw up, YOU are responsible.
7. Before you were born your parents weren't as boring as they are now.
They got that way paying your bills, cleaning up your room, and
listening to you tell them how idealistic you are.
8. Life is not divided into semesters. You won't get summers off.
9. Smoking does not make you look cool. It makes you look like a moron.
10. You are not immortal.
11. Your school may be outcome-based. Life isn't.
12. Enjoy this while you can.
SOMONE RECENTLY TOLD ME "LIFE IS GREAT" THIS IS ALL TRUE ! I AGREE LIFE IS GREAT !
Post a Followup
[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discuss it - Castlebar 2002 ]