Posted by AnTaisceHater on April 30, 2002 at 13:23:07:
In Reply to: Re: The canvassers only ring twice posted by CryptosporidiumLuver on April 30, 2002 at 13:17:49:
Here's some advice that candidates can give to farmers in order to encourage the farming vote:
1. We'll give you planning permission for your 'childrens houses' Section 4s no problem.
2. Then you can sell the houses or sites at a massive profit.
3. Wait for a warm May Bank Holiday Weekend when the city folk now living in these houses have their windows open.
4. Spread slurry as close as possible to these houses making sure that the wind is blowing in the right direction - i.e. towards the open windows and barbecues.
5. Wait for the complaints and then tell them (and this is the real coup de grace) that if they live in the country what can they expect?