Posted by Anigav on January 06, 2005 at 15:48:54:
In Reply to: Top 10 things to do in Castlbar . . . posted by Reality Bites on January 06, 2005 at 14:53:46:
Top 10 things to do in Castlebar: List is not in order of preference.
1. Have a pint in the coach bar on rush street, (or maybe not.)
2. Try Cafollas chips, with loadsa vinegar.
3. Play football on the mall. (Jumpers for goalposts)
4. Climb to the booster on the mountain croaghmoyle (hill) just outside castlebar at night time to see an aerial skylight view of castlebar.
5. Walk down Linenhall Street on a friday night to see all the short skirts.
6. Drink a number 6 bottle of Buckfast down the lake with friends and a firelog.
7. Get the "bump" when driving from McDonalds to Chapel Street, you'll know what I mean just after you pass through the traffic lights at the junction if your going 25- 30mph.
8. Go to Paddy Faheys shop on main street for a bit of sales nostalgia.
9. Go fishing on the town river (might not catch a fish but you will catch something).
10. A cup of tea and a toasted ham and cheese in the Irish House.
[Photo Galleries ]
[Polls Discussion ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Go to Castlebar ]
In posting I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer