Posted by Typhoid Mary on February 22, 2007 at 14:31:52:
In Reply to: fluoride is not "risky" posted by You must be joking on February 22, 2007 at 10:07:17:
On that basis we should not use raw chlorine either in water treatment. It is much more toxic than fluoride and has much more potential to cause harm than fluoride has. I suggest that you search for incidents of chlorine poisoning (I can think of an event right here at Castlebar swimming pool for example) and you will find many many more cases of illness, injury and death than anything related to fluoride.
However the alternative to not disinfecting drinking water is cholera, typhoid and a wide range of other deadly diseases that have long been eliminated here thanks to chlorination principally. These diseases widespread in Third World countries where they do not have the luxury of worrying about dental caries or accidents arising from careless water works operators.
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs ]
In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer