Posted by Aimsearlaithreac on February 26, 2009 at 16:28:01:
In Reply to: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: summing up posted by Popper on February 26, 2009 at 08:53:11:
As I have said you would have received zero marks out of a hundred for your responses, as you wandered off from my initial argument and answered your own questions.
2nd Chance Offer Popper.
I do not believe the earth and universe are billions of years old. As a rational Bible believing Christian I believe they are only a few thousand years old and I have science on my side. I challenge you to prove me wrong. I list below a very brief summary of the scientific reasons why I believe what I do. I know you will understand each of these points so I will not elaborate on them.
The universe and earth cannot be more than a few thousand years old because:
1. It violates the first law of thermodynamics because nothing INSIDE of the universe is capable of bringing the universe into being.
2. It violates the second law for reasons already discussed; the big bang would have produced more chaos not order. If you claim the universe is infinitely old or had no beginning then it would have reached a state of complete disorder with no energy left. As it has not it proves that it is not infinitely old and did have a beginning.
3. It violates the third law because if you add raw energy to an open system it is not a recipe for increased order. Therefore the big bang or primeval soup could not have produced life.
4. It violates the law of cause and effect because the big bang creates matter and energy out of nothing.
5. It is mathematical nonsense. The chances of a single molecule of protein-like substance forming by accident is 10 to the power of 320 to 1.
6. 27.5 billion tons of sediment reach the seas each year which means the continents are being eroded each 14 million years. It is claimed that the continents have existed for 1 billion years which means the continents would have been eroded over 70 times and produced a covering of 18.5 miles but the average depth of sediment is .56 miles. Where has it all gone?
7. The earth's magnetic field is decaying, showing the earth would not have been able to support life 10,000 years ago.
8. The moon is still not yet in thermal equilibrium, it would be if it was anything like the age you claim.
9. Roche law shows the earth/moon system cannot be more than 2 billion years old.
10. The amount of lunar dust shows the earth to be only a few thousand years old.
11. Short term comets would have completely evaporated in less than a million years. (The so-called "Ort cloud" of potential comets circling the planetary system is really no answer, just imagination!)
12. Over 100 million globular clusters in the Milky Way are moving so fast that they would have escaped the Milky Way in about 1 million years. As they are still within it the universe must be quite "young".
13. The lack of distortion in the spherical shape of globular clusters shows they have not been around for anything like billions of years.
14. The missing matter shows the same as above.
15. Spiral galaxies have not completed anything like 100 rotations but a maximum of 2 according to observations of the spirals.
16. Bridges between galaxy clusters would not be there if they were more than half a million years old. Indeed, they would have been touching each other.
17. The "missing mass" problem cannot be satisfactorily explained.
18. The rate of the slowing down of the earth's rotation shows the earth cannot have supported life 300,000 years ago.
19. The amount of nickel in the oceans tells us the earth is no more than 9,000 years old.
20. Radiometric dating ages are shown to be fantasy because of the reduction in c. This throws into question the whole atomic time scale.
I am sure you know that Darwin said that a single cell could have sprung into life from non-living matter which is simply not possible. He said the slits in the side of the neck marked the position of the former gills in the higher vertebrata. As you must know this is absolute nonsense. He also said that no living species would transmit it's unaltered likeness into the future - how wrong can he be?
I believe in a special creation, now that is real science. Anything other than this is pure speculation. Evolution, whether of the universe or Darwinian is only a belief.
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]
[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.
In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer