Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

Powerful Stuff Alright - Is féidir linn

Posted by Castlebarbarian on May 24, 2011 at 13:59:20:

In Reply to: Well done Enda posted by zero on May 23, 2011 at 23:06:59:

Was listening on the radio and I couldn't help but conjure up an image of one of those old style orators that you see in black and white film footage.

There was no doubt that this was a leader speaking yesterday but typical of the Dublin biased media to straight away come out with the snide remarks "He's had plenty of practice roaring from the back of trucks in Mayo . . . ", on the factual side of things, it's been a long time since I've seen any politician spake from the back of a truck, on the other side why did they even have to say it, could they not just accept that it was a stirring performance from a man they collectively condemned not so long ago, no, no, have a dig instead.

"This little country, that inspires the biggest things -- your best days are still ahead. Our greatest triumphs -- in America and Ireland alike -- are still to come.

"And, Ireland, if anyone (even the Dublin media) ever says otherwise, if anybody ever tells you that your problems are too big, or your challenges are too great, that we can't do something, that we shouldn't even try -- think about all that we've done together.

"Remember that whatever hardships the winter may bring, springtime is always just around the corner. And if they keep on arguing with you, just respond with a simple creed: Is feidir linn. Yes, we can. Yes, we can. Is feidir linn," he said.

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]