Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: Westport Skate park and others

Posted by de Barra on May 30, 2011 at 13:36:02:

In Reply to: Westport Skate park and others posted by Begrudgerr on May 29, 2011 at 11:22:18:

Patience people

Whilst I dont disagree with some of the comments you make.
I dislike grand statments like "Did anyone ever wonder why Westport is miles ahead of Castlebar?

Im a sure there are a number of logistical reasons why Castlebar has not yet got a skatepark and a bridge across Lough Lannagh which is I believe going ahead.

The current street redevelopemnt is only in its infancy and Im sure the money that was spent on it will not go to waste in the eventual enchancment of the town centre.
The improvement work along the river is also a positive thing.
Surely local councillors have a long term vision for the town.

Castlebar has a good reputation as a shopping town with leading chain stores etc..
As the County town it would be great to see Market Street and Castlebar become a centre of excellence for brand Mayo where by an incentive could be put in place to attract leading Mayo enterprises and local brand SME's to set up business in the heart of the county for example local food produce, clothing, art and craft shops etc. showcasing together in one district the best Mayo has to offer.

Furthermore the implementation of a grant scheme for shop front improvement, lighting and signage would be a welcome move.

There are a number of towns around the country that have developed nicely with such initiatives.

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]