Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: Tax increases

Posted by jj on June 10, 2011 at 22:38:13:

In Reply to: re: Tax increases posted by Paye Pat on June 09, 2011 at 22:15:51:

You voted for change you said and I took that to mean that there was another way to bridge the deficit than the FF led former government had suggested.

If however, you meant you voted for change as in change in style of over promising and under-delevering as also was/is a FF trait, then I have some sympathy.

But many people think there is another way to brigde the deficit, but whether the reality of the situation, the sustained pressure from EU or the prevailing view from the Department officials, or some Labour opposition, it seems that the deficit can't be bridged by cuts alone, and will require some further tax rises.

But I think Noonan is correct to state that all options are possible, and there is no "sacred cows", which was a big critism of the previous government (unlike most nationally and on this forum, I wasn't critical of their banking policy, instead focusing on some other general government spending).

Hacobite is correct, the road is going to be long and ardous, but that doesn't mean it can't be achieved, and frankly if the correct path is taken the future could be rosier than ever experienced for Ireland.

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]