Posted by JohnnyLongbottom on June 10, 2011 at 23:10:58:
I'm all for supporting local businesses, and its great that the local cinema takes the time to put show times up on this website, but as a frequent cinema goer there are some things about Mayo Movie World that have been bugging me for quite a while, and I would like to see our town cinema make some small but needed changes. I make these requests to try and help so that they might get more custom in these tough times and ensure that going to the cinema in Castlebar might be a more pleasant experience for paying customers.
1. How come Mayo Movie world don't have a big LED sign outside like most other cinemas showing whats on?
2. Movie start times are nearly all clustered around 7:30 and 9:30 for evening shows making for large queues and a crowded and uncomfortable experience when going to see a show. There is also no late show anymore. It would be better to spread start times a little better. Also, it might mean that more people would go as the start time of the film they wanted to see might be more suitable.
3. A revamp of the lobby area would not be a bad idea. I know of other cinemas in the north west which have a cafe-type seating area where you can relax and buy a coffee and a snack in advance of the showing and relax while waiting for your film to start. I also believe some cinemas allow you to buy a glass of wine which you can take into the showing with you. This would result in more revenue for the cinema as people would buy more refreshments when they sit in this area.
4. Cleanliness could be better. Some of the carpets are dirty/smelly and need a serious cleaning.
5. Often there are teenagers in movies with no interest in actually watching the film that others have paid good money to see. There are issues with these kids frequently running in and out, swapping seats, talking/shouting loudly or answering mobile phones while in the theatre. This isn't fair to other patrons who have chosen to spend their hard-earned cash at the movies rather than the pub. There should be better supervision of what goes on in the cinemas. This has happened me many times in the last few years when I have been at the cinema in Castlebar.
Just some small but significant points but I hope that these suggestions are passed onto the cinema owners. I would hope that these comments are taken in the spirit that they are meant.
Maybe I'm just picky but have these same things bothered other cinema goers in Castlebar?
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]
[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.
In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer