Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

Ara get over yourself will ya . . .

Posted by It's All About Community on June 14, 2011 at 09:52:50:

In Reply to: re: community bonfire in lough lannagh posted by Maeve on June 13, 2011 at 21:26:10:

The amount of whingers around here would make ya sick sometimes (talking of which, the Order of Malta do a great job of looking after the sick and ill at all manner of public & community events - please show your support for these volunteers!).

The adjoining estate was never consulted . . . well do you have a residents association that can be easily contacted? How do you think the people of McHale road feel when there's a match? How do you think the traders on Main Street feel when the place is being ripped asunder? Hey nobody consulted me when the west of Ireland women's mini marathon shut down my street but do you know what I did - I made other arrangements, did my shopping earlier, etc., etc. and then I stood on the street and applauded the marathoners as they went past - fair play to the lot of them, what a great bunch of people!

Look, you live in a community, get engaged with it, you might be surprised by how much you get out of it, this event will cause little to no harm and I'm sure the organisers have a clean up plan in place.

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]