Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: The Answer to the Economic Crisis

Posted by Daz on July 04, 2011 at 14:04:06:

In Reply to: The Answer to the Economic Crisis posted by The Governor on July 04, 2011 at 08:44:02:

Thought provoking stuff!

but...

1) They MUST retire.
400 thousand job openings - unemployment fixed

Would cost 400 billion, seems a bit pricey to solve just one problem

2) They MUST buy a new car.
400 thousand cars ordered - Car Industry fixed

We've no money to spend on roads, and it would cause havoc in terms of traffic congestion and our commitments to reduce carbon emissions

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed

This would re-inflate a false housing bubble that still hasn't been allowed to deflate to the norm- if houses were at the market level people would be buying them. Exactly the wrong tack to take here in my view.

4) They MUST send their kids to school/college/university - Crime rate fixed

Ha I can think of a few students that weren't exactly 'squeaky clean' from my college days, I'm sure we all can!

5) They MUST buy 100 WORTH of alcohol/tobacco a week ..... And there's your money back in duty/tax etc

Jaysus, the HSE hasn't enough problems?

If only it were that simple :)

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]