Posted by New on July 15, 2011 at 11:19:05:
In Reply to: re: Blues posted by MR T on July 14, 2011 at 14:54:34:
1. Open up the scope of the festival to all types of music, as stated already "Blues" is a very niche market. Cater for all music tastes like Rock/Soul/Trad/Classical/Country/Western/Rave/Metal,Punk, (This is a non exhaustive list). What limits anything is the number of people getting involved to run the events.
2. Stick to the original date (June Bank Holiday), although it clashes with other events country wide, is there ever a time when things dont clash? If a festival is good enough then peeople will attend regardless.
3. Festival also needs to be combined with food/drink (and not neceesarily alcohol) to showcase some of the local produce while listening to the music. Needs to be daytime and nightime.
4. Use different areas of the town for different music, so you create different zones like at a festival such as oxygen/glastonbury, these could be a combination of bars/restaurants/public buildings/street/open areas/car parks/etc...This year saw market square and main street used for live music.
5. What makes a fleadh ceoil so good? Free music on the streets, musicians are always willing to play for free if they are well looked after.
6. Bring the theatre back to the streets of Castlebar, fire breathers/jugglers/stilt walkers.
7. Get more people involved (This is already underway) but more needs to be done on this to get the whole town involved.
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]
[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.
Post a Follow-Up
In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the
[ Post Follow-Up
] [ Follow-Ups
] [ The BB Index
] [ Main BB
] [ Disclaimer
[NB Refresh for current version]