Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: Great buzz about Main Street today!

Posted by wag on July 24, 2011 at 04:29:43:

In Reply to: Great buzz about Main Street today! posted by CroI of Castlebar on July 23, 2011 at 21:51:55:

Thought it was a brilliant day and the good weather certainly helped bring out the crowd.
Traffic flow around the town was not affected at all by the diversion. The whole set-up gave a great impression of a town going somewhere and fair play to the organisers.
It should be held at least once a month during the summer season as it is a great way to promote the town, and bring a real buzz to the place.
Live bands were an excellent idea and had a large crowd gathered spectating and singing along.
I spoke to one of the shopkeepers on Main Street who said they hadn't seen business like todays since the run up to Christmas and that it was well needed.
I think pedestrianisation of Main Street would be a great boost to the traders in the area.
After all, what advantage is it to have lots of traffic driving up main street unless there are plenty of places to park and there is a gain to the town by this arrangement? Much better to park in one of the many nearby car parks and walk to the shops getting some fresh air in the process.
Once again congratulations on a great day, the kids loved it, and hope that there are many more of these sort of events! Well done Castlebar!

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]