Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: Keep your heads

Posted by rushst on August 01, 2011 at 18:14:26:

In Reply to: Keep your heads posted by Frankly on August 01, 2011 at 13:16:12:

You may be right, but this is just the attitude which has underwritten so many Mayo failures to Kerry. We give Kerry too much respect. We're not good enough; you are the masters. If you have this at the back of your mind, you are doomed. Look at Cork v Down. Down backed off and Cork looked like supermen, ready to repeat as champions. When Mayo refused to bow to Cork and applied pressure every time a Cork player got possession, we found they had feet of clay. They were not as nimble as quick as we were. Our confidence grew and by the end, there was no doubt about which team was better. We have yet to play Kerry with that kind of intensity in the modern era. I hope we do this time. I hope our players now have the attitude, the belief, the confidence. We have the football, but we have always had that in Mayo. Kerry believes (probably "knows" better reflects the attitude in Kerry) they can win. We have to believe just as strongly that they cannot. No question, Kerry has a great team, but on Sunday, Mayo was the more impressive team. With their common opponent, Cork, both were winners, but again Mayo dealt with Cork better; against Cork, Kerry barely made it to the finish line while Mayo had brushed aside the Cork challenge long before the end (One point in 37 minutes). Up Mayo.

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]