Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: Keep your heads

Posted by oliver killeen on August 02, 2011 at 01:14:00:

In Reply to: re: Keep your heads posted by PlusMinus on August 01, 2011 at 23:47:11:

a cara...there can never be anything but positive thinking and positivity....positivity is not to be confused with arrogance........positive thinking changes ...maybe's to yes's......there is no half measure....focus on the game plan ...then go out and carry it through.....
vince lombardi one of the greatest coaches in the nfl.....flooded the locker room with positive slogans...and hyped up his team to accept nothing but winning....
one of his favourite sayings was.....
...winning is 'nt everything ...its the only thing...
....coaches and managers who can outline plays and strategies on a blackboard are a....dime a dozen...those who win get inside their players and motivate.....
....confidence is contagious...so is lack of confidence....
...if you can accept losing....then...you can't win...
...when you learn to quit....it then becomes a habit...
...show me a good loser....and i'll show you a ..loser....

..the achievements of a club....are the results of its combined effort...of each individual...

....so thinking changes attitude...and attitude changes result.....
so when mayo face kerry.....see victory on the pre game parade.....
in 1950...we beat the paddy bawns...and company...because our team in the late '40s and early '50's walked liked winners....i still see them marching behind the artane boys band led by sean flanagan.....each man walked like a champion....paddy prendergast....john ford....henry dixon....mick mulderrig....eamon mongey....johnny and paddy mcandrew....padraic carney....joe solan...tom langan...joker gilvarry.....the green and red looked magnificent......and the sam maguire looked better when it crossed the shannon into mayo....in '51 we beat meath and the great paddy obrien....
so lets go out ....send kerry home to killarney....and bring on the all ireland.....
anything the mind can conceive and believe.....the mind can achieve.....
...up mayo.....and lets plan a party.....

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]