Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: who does it say more about

Posted by WTF on August 02, 2011 at 19:39:02:

In Reply to: re: who does it say more about posted by Not-Acceptable on August 02, 2011 at 16:09:31:

Great posts from not-acceptable and morals lots of food for thought here.

SCRIPTURE Says? The Koran, The Talmud, The Old Testament, The New Testament? In any case your quote: "its [sic] not what goes into a person thats [sic] makes them unclean but what goes out of their mouths". The word 'unclean' - is this in the sense of 'I have a bath once a year whether I need it or not'? Probably not - but the Talmud forbids eating of pork because it is unclean - tapeworms and all that were a big problem before the food safety nanny state thing got going so they were right to warn about uncleanliness. Lots of biblical (scripture?) talk about lepers too - bells and announcing that they are UNCLEAN - not sure how bad their language was but if my hand was falling off I'd say it would have been rather foul as I announced how unclean I was to anyone approaching. (And there are still cases of leprosy today even in the USA there are modern leper colonies of a sort.)

Then they discovered germs - that Pasteur guy has a lot to answer for so unclean took on a new meaning that has nothing to do with vocabulary.

A little competition then to replace that word 'unclean' with a more up to the minute WTF sort of word that describes our SF friends.

Unclean = EVIL? CORRUPT? NASTY?,

But stroll through the playground of any national school and you will hear a lot worse language - and from 5 and 6-year olds. By the simplistic slogans of 'scripture' then they are also evil, corrupt and nasty - that is if you judge them by what comes out the mouths of these babes?

Food for thought on this chilly early August Tuesday here in Castlebar.

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]