Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: Jude Kenny RIP

Posted by Paul Quinn on September 06, 2011 at 23:53:55:

In Reply to: re: Jude Kenny RIP posted by Tom Bourke on September 02, 2011 at 15:25:54:

My heart feel sympathy to all the Kenny family on the premature passing of a great husband and father.

Jude and Helen were a refuge for many a poor boy in Uxbridge. They took many in and provided both work and dinner as required. It was Jude putting the hard word on a building surveyor which got me on a path to where I am now. Much appreciated but regret never having said a more direct thanks now. You think there is always time for that at some passing meeting in the future. I am sure I did say thanks at the time and as it turned out it was mutually beneficial to both with many a house conversion into flats being undertaken. What a mind and indeed hands, could turn his hand to anything, I am sure I picked up some of that "Heath Robinson" approach from him. There was always a way around everything. Also when things were good they were good, and when they were bad they were still good and everyone just plodded on regardless with stoical "aragh whats there to be worried about" with a fag hanging out of the corner of the mouth".

Fond memories of Northway and the big extension. I did leave half a pint of blood behind the fireplace when doing my bit to get a cable below the floor. Funny how I looked at that scar as soon as I heard the news and gulped back a rising adams apple ! Jude Kenny sure left his mark in lots of ways. I hear he built his own plane, why does that not surprise me!

I had the joy of baby sitting on occasion and indeed driving the big white bus. A citroen 7/8/9 seater the closest thing to a limo in Castlebar back then. Would not want to try the methods of getting a reluctant Brian to bed now! All in all fond memories of a great man and family.

Gone way to soon, he will be missed. My heart felt condolences to the whole family. Thanks again Jude for everything and indeed the made up payslips and references useful in getting Mortgage for 1 Northway some 25 years ago next December.

Paul & Majella

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]