Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

RTE Apoology

Posted by Johnny on October 07, 2011 at 12:34:37:

I see on RTE website thay have posted an apology to Fr. Kevin Reynolds, the former Parish Priest of Ahascragh, Co. Galway. They ran a Prime Time Investigates programme accusing Fr. Reynolds of raping a minor in Kenya and fathering a child names Sheila. He protested his innocence, said he'd take a paternity test and asked RTE not to broadcast. They went ahead anyway and ruined his life. He had to stand down from ministry, leave his parish and his house in disgrace. He took his paternity test and was declared innocent. Now RTE have issued an apology, after they have done the damage. I sincerely hope that Fr. Reynolds takes this further and goes the legal route. Surely there must be a better way to handle such matters if they arise, rather than going the sensational route and ploughing ahead, regardless of consequences.
RTE now says "RTÉ now fully and unreservedly accepts that the allegations made by Prime Time against Fr. Kevin Reynolds are baseless, without any foundation whatever and untrue".
I don't know this priest, but have followed the case and wonder who is going to be the next "media victim". Standards seem to have dropped so low now that it really is gutter media. Are we all in a situation now where the media can declare you guilty, and you yourself have to prove you're innocent?

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]