Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: RTE Apoology

Posted by Troy McClure on October 07, 2011 at 21:48:48:

In Reply to: RTE Apoology posted by Johnny on October 07, 2011 at 12:34:37:

RTE got it wrong on this occasion and your comments here are correct. They got it wrong and the mistake must have had a devastating affect on his life. I hope he is properly compensated for the stress he had to endure.

However,in relation to your comment, "Standards seem to have dropped so low now that it really is gutter media," I cannot agree.

Primetime and RTE have done a wonderful job in the main by exposing the disgusting abuse of children by priests in the Roman Catholic Church in this country, covered up by Bishops of the same church and them given the canon law thumbs up by Rome.

They have furthermore unveiled the abuse of the elderly in nursing homes and the shocking state of our mental institutions to mention just a few.

I will hazard a guess that you are a young person that may not be very familiar with these stories. I would ask that you read a little more and brief yourself on the sickening scandals that RTE and various British media outlets have exposed.

This is the issue; and we're lucky now to have media that will investigate to expose the disgusting crimes that were going on under our noses because we were too afraid to stand up to clergy, professions and politicians.

The era of sickening deference is over. I hope you realise this......................

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]