Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: RTE Apoology

Posted by Johnny on October 08, 2011 at 13:51:51:

In Reply to: re: RTE Apoology posted by Troy McClure on October 08, 2011 at 11:47:05:

Deference is alright , as long as it's not misplaced. Unfortunately as a nation, we all have "blood on our hands" as the state was involved too in all kind of violence against children in so many institutions. Unfortunately, even today, it is still going on in prisons, mental institutions etc.
Regarding the media in general, yes they play an important role in investigative journalism, which is very worthwhile. However, their holier than thou attitude at times is disrespectful, and downright discourteous. For instance I listened to an interrogation of Mary Davis the other evening by Philip Boucher Hayes on Drivetime RTE 1 RADIO. In my opinion, it was totally out of order as far as basic good manners are concerned. It was in an accusatory fashion all the way, agressive in tone and so lacking in basic manners.How she kept her cool I don't know. I understand it was so aggressive that it was discussed the following day during a programme and provoked a lively dabate.The manner of her interrogation was the subject of debate. On other ocassions you have blatent invasion of privacy by the media, which I condemn outright. It seems at times that nobody polices the media.

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]