Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: Feedback Appreciated

Posted by Non-listener on October 28, 2011 at 14:01:51:

In Reply to: Feedback Appreciated posted by CRCfm on October 28, 2011 at 11:22:37:

Constructive feedback. Why don't you try being realistic.

CRC FM costs the taxpayers a small fortune to run, and to be completely honest I dont know anyone that listens to it, even occasionally, and I live and run a business in Castlebar.

I got a letter from CRC looking for a contribution/donation of 99 towards the running of the station. In the same letter it states that 5,000 people tune into CRC every day. What planet are you guys living on?

I would estimate that at best 50 people listen to the station. The station costs in excess of 250,000 per annum, which would cost around 15.00 per day, per listener. Around the cost of a ticket into a concert in the nearby Royal Theatre.

This is a white elephant of a project, run by a group of misguided enthusiasts, at enormous cost to the taxpayer. You wouldn't last a week in the commercial world. I find it extremely cheeky for such a money pit to go looking for donations from local business, claiming such ridiculous listener figures.

Call it a day, or at very least, switch to voluntary staff and save us all a fortune.

Nows that's about as constructive as I can get.

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]