Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: Feedback Appreciated

Posted by Same old story on November 29, 2011 at 01:58:55:

In Reply to: Feedback Appreciated posted by CRCfm on October 28, 2011 at 11:22:37:

Having read all the posts i find that this fourm is probaly the worst place to get a fair and accurate responce . I have known alot of heavily involved people in the station over the years from its existance in new antrim st to the current location.
Going on all the posts of crcfm here i feel their is 2 sides the crc staff/ managment/well wishers who defend crc regardless of being right or wrong and others who are perhaps very blunt and extreme in their views. Sadly most of the complaints i have heard have being from actualy crc fm staff both paid and volunteer over the years and from what i gather the management were to blame fully for the poor standards and horrendous broadcasting on the station.I feel that while crc over the years has started many people in radio and started some great concepts like Route 1/power hour which was light years ahead as a concept before anyone even attempted it until 2 fm , i think over all the main gripe was that while it was being done it could have being done so much better.
At present in the current climate looking for 99 euro from every business for anything is a massive task and i have read before crc saying it was broadcasting to 15,000 leaving it to be believed that crc had indeed 15,000 listeners ! So with that im mind and the current issue of having 5,000 listeners again i feel knowing how stations ramp up these figures a more perhaps grounded figure to publish would be better regardless of what survey was done .
Over all crc has improved leaps and bounds in the last 2 years esp getting a set 5 show day going instead of bits of shows and massive repeats and while the presenters have improved alot and adverts have also improved dramaticaly i feel the music needs drastic attention while classic hit is great, only the big hits from the artists should be played as playing album tracks that only a handful of people would know isnt good and also knowing alot of people in their 30's and older going to pop concerts would lead me to belive that chart music while wisely choosen needs to be included in the music policy even Micheal Buble is concidered chart music !!
Finaly for now crc's involvement in the community needs to be alot more pro active and be seen out in the streets would be a major factor and should be done esp with xmas around the corner also more positive topics maybe morning time while weight issues and depression maybe current hot topics on every paper and radio station mixing light hearted with serious would make the station appeal to a wider audience .

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]