Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: Night at the Opera?

Posted by Think on December 02, 2011 at 15:44:58:

In Reply to: Night at the Opera? posted by Groucho on December 01, 2011 at 22:24:30:

Let's get out of this media hype and stop the doom and gloom. If there were olympic games for negativity, Ireland would win all the medals. Isn't it amazing that we have more money in savings in Ireland now than anytime ever in the history of this state, but few are prepared to spend. People should be encouraged, if they have money saved, to spend a little bit of it. I bet there's gonna be a huge loosening of the purse strings before Christmas, budget or no budget. I'm really sick of talk of this recession, it will end at some stage and I do acknowledge that some people are struggling big time at present, but we'll get over it. I think of the interview on radio with the man from Donegal who said he can't pay his mortgage, because he and his wife lost their jobs. He didn't have enough money to buy food for his family. The interviewer asked him if it was really that serious and he said "yes it is". What will you do next, said the interviewer, "it looks like the sky television may have to go"!!
Certainly I say again, some people are struggling big time and my heart goes out to them. But we have to call a halt to the depression we're in, fuelled by the negative media we have to endure day after day after day...try and look on the bright said please, for the sanity of us all.

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]