Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: Greenway for clients of cycling hire shops only

Posted by murphy on December 20, 2011 at 18:05:05:

In Reply to: Greenway for clients of cycling hire shops only posted by Cycling Tourist on December 20, 2011 at 03:02:35:

Thanks for visiting the Greenway

I see Brian Hoban has already replied. Can't actually read his reply, but I am sure in his usual professional fashion he has covered your points.

Following occur

1. Maps - as a local haven't looked for any but - hey - this is along the old Westport-Achill Railway line. It is impossible to stray off it. It is not as if it was a hill walk across untracked hills and valleys. Many signpposts about.

2, Carparking

Ample carparking in Westport, Newport, some in Mulranny near Hotel, and at Achill Sound. I azccept these are not right beside the Greenway, but usually not to far away.

afaik there is not formal monitoring of any public carpark in Mayo. My experience of using them over many years is that there is very low level of interferecne with vehicles there, especially in daylight hours.

Pickup and return.

GThe bike hire companies give a very efficient service in this. I think for a modest consideration they would leave your bikes back to your starting point.

I recommend the Greenway highly. I am far older tha Brian Hoban, and have done up to 10 miles on same - no bother.

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]