Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: I'm no longer buying the Connaught Telegraph

Posted by Castlebarbarian on December 21, 2011 at 14:43:35:

In Reply to: re: I'm no longer buying the Connaught Telegraph posted by cast the first stone on December 21, 2011 at 10:16:27:

As a proud local Castlebar person and having talked to the strikers and heard their case I would find it very difficult to see how the management would have a strong counter argument.

If they have one, they should put it out there for all to see but I for one am not lining the pockets of anyone else associated with the organisation for the foreseeable future.

Many businesses have had to let people go through this difficult period but most are paying their dues to the departing employees, this may well have happened at other local papers but I haven't seen any of their staff out protesting but if they did and they had a legitimate case, I would urge other consumers and advertisers to do the same thing.

This is not a hate campaign, this is peaceful resistance, resistance to spend my hard earned money on a product that has been manufactured by a business that I believe has questionable ethics or at the very least a case to answer with regard to how they handled the departure of these employees.

As for helping out local businesses - well if any of the strikers get taken on or start their own businesses I'll do my best to help them out but as for 'goodwill' I reserve that for people - had the employer shown more 'goodwill' to their ex-employees this would never have been an issue.

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]