Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: Journalistic Integrity:

Posted by Troy McClure on January 04, 2012 at 16:47:04:

In Reply to: re: Journalistic Integrity: posted by John on January 04, 2012 at 16:16:09:

Thousands of victims would never have their stories heard if we hadn't an investigative element to our media. You want media control. I think not.

RTE got it wrong on Fr. Reynolds; they apologised; they paid the price. It was all over in 4 months That's the way it works, and proper order. Nobody can stand over a serious professional error such as that, involving the disparaging of an individual. It happens in every walk of life and if there are proper regulations, as there is within RTE, it's rectified.

In terms of regulations, let's take just one case in terms of my last post John, just one, the despicable case whereby the Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church in this country, Cardinal Brady, admitted to silencing two young children who were abused by a Catholic Priest.He effectively threatened them.Those children didn't get justice for over 30 years.

If you want regulation John, please contact your local Bishop and demand action on the full implementation of the standards to protect children within the church. Will you do that John? I bet not. Why not? What about the victims? the regulation?

Or what about the banks John, have you campaigned on this forum against the bailout of Anglo, Nationwide etc

No, you've no issue with these at all.Your post is ideologically driven and has no relevance to me as it takes one mistake and uses it to disparage generations of fine journalists, who, in some cases put their jobs on the line to bring us the stories that prove that there was, and still is a sickness within some very ex powerful institutions in this country. The stories of thousands of victims. Victims of abuse, medical neglect, banking fraud etc. We are all victims as a result of the latter

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]