Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: Journalistic Integrity:

Posted by School Yard Bully on January 05, 2012 at 12:55:41:

In Reply to: re: Journalistic Integrity: posted by 50 Blian a Fas on January 04, 2012 at 16:39:14:

The issue as I see it is that almost all other media organisations in this country are not paid for out of the public purse.

Hence RTE have a responsibility to have higher levels of journalistic integrity and here's the rubber . . big media can crush the little guy and it doesn't matter, will anybody in RTE get fired for ruining someone's life, not a chance, a slap on the wrist and all the bru haha is over in as you say four months.

That's not good enough and let's call a spade, a spade, RTE may have broadcast to the larger audience about the various scandals you mention but in fairness it was others working in other media outlets and institutions that actually broke a great many of these stories - the national broadcaster may well have brought the spotlight to bear on these issues but they did not necessarily 'break' the stories.

That said, I repeat what I said in my original posting, there are a lot of positives to the national broadcaster but I still think it's way overweight for the quality of programme that it produces, especially when you consider that they have the dual income streams of both advertising and the tv licence and do hope for higher levels of integrity lest anymore of the good work that they've done be undone by simple mistakes.

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]