Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: Household charge - Won't Cover Much!

Posted by WTF on January 12, 2012 at 14:05:06:

In Reply to: re: Household charge - Won't Cover Much! posted by FG no better on January 12, 2012 at 12:46:09:

I think you need to get real here. The last government ran the country into the ground. We could not afford to borrow and the IMF, EU Commission and European Central Bank had to take over the running of our finances.

Did you think that FG could magic the debt away? I don't think they promised an easy ride. It was clear that taxes had to go up - it's in the agreement reached by FF when they were in government for a start. It's clear that expenditure has to come down. Mostly in order to pay for the banks in particular. If we didn't have anglo irish I suspect the situation would be a lot less grim. A certain amount of bond-holder burning has gone on but the ECB part troika wouldn't allow
total burning. Anyone listening to Kenny and Gilmore in the run up to the election realised that we were in for a very rough ride regardless of who we elected.

Whatever SF say or said I doubt they could do any better - they may attempt the real 'sinn fein' self-reliance type of thing - the De Valera type North Korea style of approach that failed miserably in the past but for sure the ATMs would dry up real quick.

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]