Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: Lough Lannagh Dogs

Posted by Jack on April 11, 2012 at 03:36:55:

In Reply to: re: Lough Lannagh Dogs posted by jj on April 10, 2012 at 16:23:58:

I have had two young kids bitten in my estate, just up the path on the other side of the lake by people who bring their dogs unleashed up the path from the walk.

It was reported to the cops, who arrived and took statements, but they could not do anything due to the dog warden not turning up.

It is a known fact that in this town we have only one dog warden and they cannot be everywhere at once. It is stupid to say any animal that is well trained will stay that way, anything can spook or make them feel threatened in a instant.

As for elderly people, it is not a fear of being bitten for the most part by a angry dog, everyone here has seen friendly dogs jumping or barging into a person in a playful manor before. If this happened to a elderly person or a person using a walking stick, they could easily be pushed over or trip and suffer injury, not to mention the intimidation factor.

Which brings me to the fact that if any injury occurring to a member of public by a dog occurs, they are well in their rights to sue not only the owners but the council for failing to provide deterrents for dogs or any other animals owners if the attack happens in council owned areas.

Honestly for a important discussion, this place seems to be inundated with trolls and unhelpful smart alecs these days.....

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]