Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: Lough Lannagh Dogs

Posted by jj on April 11, 2012 at 08:52:25:

In Reply to: re: Lough Lannagh Dogs posted by Jack on April 11, 2012 at 03:36:55:

If you have had the Garda at your house, then you could have asked them about leashes and the requirement of the law.

It is an important topic, and I have a different opinion to you. Not sure this makes me a troll.

My parents have dogs, which they walk. Their dogs are well trained and although they dont walk round Lough Lannagh, they do walk on the public road (and not always with a leash).
I am just consious that any by law will have repecussions for them and I wanted to a) explain the law ( as i seen it), and b) put forward the alternative view.

I have no problem with dog wardens and coming from farming background, in fact welcome their presence. I just don't want responsible owners and their pets inconvienced.

A couple final things about your post - again my view of the law, but the council would not be responsible for the actions of dogs on their land. On what grounds would they be held responsible? Failure to catch a reported straw dog, maybe, but a dog with its owner, would be the owners responsibilty.

Anything can spook a dog, yes I agree. But anything can spook any animal, including swans, but we cant try legislate for that.

Finally, this term troll, for someone who has a different view to the majority, is not very nice. It makes those who share opposite views reluctant to post. This is a board for differing views, and thankfully we live in a world where differing views are tolerated.

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]