Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: Urgent and accessible support for those in need

Posted by Deeply saddened local on April 26, 2012 at 01:02:29:

In Reply to: re: Urgent and accessible support for those in need posted by Mod on April 25, 2012 at 23:18:59:

Ok, I hear what you say and I'm sure the links are there somewhere on the front page. But I just had a quick look and couldn't find them.

As someone who has suffered suicidal thoughts and thankfully changed my life away from one of pain and suffering, I can tell you that your links are not visible. I couldn't find them... and I am not desperate. I am not having a go at you, I think this is a first class website and service for the people of Castlebar and the environs. But this issue of suicide is just too important to not get the coverage it so urgently needs. Evidence suggests that the only way to help someone with suicidal tendancies to get them to talk. An obvious, easy to find link with relevant wording might be something to think about. I know it wouldn't be the best advert for outsiders reading the board but the people of the town obviously need help and should be the priority.

From my own experience of turning the dark to not so dark and then light, I told the source of my misery of my turmoil and after that I sought out help from the Family centre with whom I am still communicating.
I don't know if a more apparent link would have helped the guys in this case but surely it has to be worth thinking about.

What do you think?

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]