Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

Interesting take on RC religion

Posted by rubbleTrip on May 10, 2012 at 05:54:13:

In Reply to: catholic church seniority posted by i'm a believer on May 08, 2012 at 05:03:14:

I'm from the Castlebar area but am now living in Northern California. My son is going to public school as Catholic school is deemed 'private' over here.
i recently enquired about getting him enrolled for holy communion Sunday school classes. I was told that for him to recieve the sacrament, it will cost me $90 - they were very insistant on the fee that it would be paid asap before he started the classes. I wouldn't mind this but.....

When the little fella was starting kindergarden over here, I looked at putting him into Catholic school. Now, if you are a parishioner, you recieve a 50% discount on the school fee. Well, I got a letter back from the parish priest saying that because I don't have a record of donating to the church via the sunday envelopes, I was deemed a non-parishioner so I would have to pay full price. I asked about the cash donations made via the baskets every Sunday but as of yet have heard no reply

Bottom line, if you give a boat load of money, the Catholic religion is for you. I have other stories of firends of ours who have encountered the same money hurdles.

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]