Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: catholic church seniority-don't be dumb like I was

Posted by Ed Gilligan on May 11, 2012 at 00:39:11:

In Reply to: re: catholic church seniority-don't be dumb like I was posted by Wrath on May 10, 2012 at 10:30:59:

I know well about it. I am what you Irish call an FBI, foreign born Irish, and proud of it. Ellen and I had our honeymoon in Ireland. What a great time we had. We were all over North Ireland too. Those little army trucks followed us all over, even when we turned around. Also been to TF dances back in 1967 ect. I understand what you mean about some priests, even now. I am a 4th degree kc out of St. Joes in Harvard, il. and have been ban from ever going into St. Joes, even to visit the Blessed Sacrament, and have been threaten to be put out of the Knights of Columbus. Why, because I stood up to a man that is after my wife Ellen. I told him that Ellen is my girl and find your own girl. I have been married to her for 42 years and we have had 4 children. She would not even go to Mass daily because he hit on her (what the US girls call trying to make a date) all the time. Every day. The priest told me off and said to never come there again. I told the priest that he pushed me with both hands and the priest said he would not do that. Well he did, and when he found how solid I was, ran out the door. I have been trained to take a man like that down in a heart beat, yet I froze and didn't move a muscle because I was in church. (how is that for control?) The Blessed Sacrament was not in the chapel.
Money is only a transfer of wealth and now, some of us have none of it. We are in a world wide recession or depression. God shall deal with this in His own way, and it shall be bad and sad. Keep the faith. I am sorry if I upset anyone. Please forgive me. I must admit I am different. The army figured it out. The Sargent said you are different. We never had a man like you before. Did I fail the sanity test, I asked? No you aced it. You are twice as sane as you have to be to serve in the army. The army will give you anything you want. I just don't see the world as others do. My ideas are considered crazy and they all work. I should have gone to college and also became a surgent as the army wanted me to do. My officer said he would train me himself and I could work on anything, but the body middle. This is all true. culater

[Castlebar.News ]
[Photo Galleries ]
[Upload your Photos ]
[Nostalgia Board ]
[Roots ]
[Online Sudoku]
[Go to Castlebar ]
[West of Ireland Photographs]

[Why not become a contributor to this website? Logging in and submitting an article to Castlebar.ie is easy. For help see our contributors' section.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]