Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

HSE Cuts impacting on castlebar

Posted by townie girl on January 11, 2013 at 11:07:40:

Recently I have availed of the medical services in Mayo General where I was given top treatment by staff whom are overwhelmed with te shortages of nurses and carers that they are still there when a shift ends to help yet they are not been helped. Also all the talk of the sacred heart hospital is true. Nurses are not replaced and wards are working so short that breaks are not been given and staff are been overwhelmed but still provide top care. I propose that Enda whilst he has the oppurtunity needs to address the care provided by providing nursing and carers to both hospitals. Also mental health services which were gold standard in Mayo are been decimated with no nursing staff been replaced especially in the community settings. In Castlebar there is access 24/7 but still staff are not been replaced and services have been shut. Yet the minister for Health is able to add to extra primary care centres for his own area is it at the expense of Mayo. Recently Enda's PA and a local councillor visitied the orthopedic unit where it was provena ward was closed yet excuses are been made. The people of Castlebar need to speak up before all vital services in Castlebar are reduced to skeleton staff. I am a professsional myself and having been a service user can honestly says what is the Taoiseach doing when he is allowing his home town health services be wiped out. Its time for a media campaign and to publicly declared we will not let the work of the health services of Mayo be destroyed over political antics. Well done to Roisin Shortall for standing by her priniciples and I am not a politicial person.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]