Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: direct provision

Posted by sean on February 28, 2013 at 09:10:32:

In Reply to: re: direct provision posted by Natalya on February 27, 2013 at 22:24:51:

"Who asylum seekers are and why they come to Ireland?

These are people who have experienced the threat of physical extinction.Ē

I disagree, these are people who are claiming that they face threats.

They have not proved they are "the victims of serious crime". They are at most asserting that they are victims (or potential victims).

Again, you are not offering an alternative, merely a "rethink". Thatís an easy thing to do. I think the government should "rethink" the cuts to public sector pay, and "rethink" the cuts to social welfare payments over the past few years.

However, I cannot see any other alternative to the above cuts given out circumstances.

In my experience in this area, which I can assure you is extensive, the only people who can afford to wash up on our shores and claim asylum are rich people. Do you know how much it costs to get a family from Somalia to Ireland? Thousands of dollars.

Only the wealthy (at least in their country of origin terms ) can afford to get to Ireland and claim asylum.

Whilst I don't begrudge these people their chance at a better life in Ireland, I donít see why I should have to pay for it.

Again, you offer nothing more than suggest a "rethink". What concrete proposals do you have to make these people's lives better that would not cost more money? I suggest you donít have any, because you analysis does not extend that far.

It is easier to criticise and advocate that seek to solve problems in a practical way.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]