Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: Vote No?

Posted by Alex on September 16, 2014 at 21:31:01:

In Reply to: re: Vote No? posted by Robert the Bruce on September 16, 2014 at 21:01:50:

I take your point Robert, and i am more than aware of all that happened during Irish civil war, but none of us can live in the past but look to future. I know of the hundreds of thosands of Scots who came to Ulster in past and the trouble that has caused, India and Pakistan lost millions in their civil wars that lead to Independence and after but this generation in all countries cannot be held responsible for crimes and terrible mistakes of past, nor can we become sectarian or bitter as we see with some in North and alot of young people i have met as a Scot here in Republic. Many people persume when they know i am from Scotland here in Castlebar ( my family have had this to) that we hate the people in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland that make up rest of the Uk but its not so these people get on with their daily lives and try to get on with all around them, Scotland has a very troubled history in past so has Ireland Wales and England but of late i noticed a new relationships being forged of mutual respect and peace not dwelling on past its a sign of no hostility that the union of crowns royality preceded the union of parliaments hundreds of years later so if my people do vote for Independence the link with crown continues, our membership of the Commonwealth continues, Scots would expect this to happen thats reason many are voting yes but we will not be in the E.U and have to apply but there are many in Scotland who say why when Indepedent should we shackle ourselves with E.U and bow down to them like Ireland does so as you see the arguments are just starting rest of Britain will be better off to tune of 300 billion they send to Scotland each year under the Barnett formular for devolved Governments. Scottish service men were also responsible for many war crimes that were committed in Ireland but maybe its time to leave past in past

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]