Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

re: No vote

Posted by Old Voter on May 20, 2015 at 11:03:35:

In Reply to: re: No vote posted by Freedom on May 19, 2015 at 19:37:32:

I have given much of thought and sought information on forth coming vote on same sex marriage in my own view and its my own opinion i look on it this way The Roman Catholic Church in Ireland opposed the decriminalisation of Homosexuality, then years later supported it, they were bitterley opposed to Civil Unions act, and yet Bishops last week came out and said they favoured Civil unions act, Pope Francis has gone on record as saying that " if two people of same sex live together in fidelity who am i to judge" there are many priests who will be voting yes in the vote to come as they know that the Church fought long and hard to stop couples getting married in registery offices and still to this day the Church will not count those marriages as valid.
The Church has fought against gay and lesbian people at every turn from taking their rightful part in society and that is appalling, yet they have turned a blind eye to clerical child abuse, they have moved offending clerics from parish to parish to prey on our children and these same Bishops have refused and put blocks at every turn in the way of the State trying to recoup the Churches small amount of compensation to be paid to these survivors of abuse. For the sake of our children and those who are gay and lesbian in our country i will be voting yes i do that as a 89 year old who looks on this as an equality issue only if a man and woman can get married in a registery office in town a State wedding only why not two people of same sex? i wont take advise from Bishops who turned a blind eye to abusing clerics then tell us they care about "family life" As a country we need to go forward not backward to middle ages the dark ages, all our people need equal rights under the law of this land i do urge all to vote and remember the young people who are gay and lesbian who have been treated so bad down through the years, or do you want them to leave for more enlightened countries to get justice, i ask that you think of them and their happiness only dogma has no place in this dogma has wanted no change at all and still does not.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]