In Reply to: The Castlebar Project posted by Mike Finnerty on April 25, 2016 at 13:57:00:
1. A copy of the local and national papers from that day/week?
2. Selection of coins (who knows we could be using sterling or punts in 30 years time).
3. Stories from various schools in the town entitled a day in the life of.
4. Music from the time in various formats, even printed off lyrics?
5. Pick 10 random people on the street and ask them if they would get their picture taken for the time capsule and include some basic details about them, where they were shopping today, etc..
6. Get various types of empty food packaging from the time. Barrys/Lyons Tea, NCF Milk carton, O'Haras Bread wrapper, Total Shaving Solution Bottle?
7. Sporting memorabilia - jerseys, football gloves, boots, cycling jersey, tennis ball - get the clubs involved.
8. Religious - mass booklets from the various churches/religions.
9. Mayo Intercultural - stories from the various cultural groups in Castlebar.
10. Photos from the day/week.
Hope thats a help!