Click to Visit
[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Disclaimer ] [ Main BB ] [NB Refresh for current version]

petition to construct A book of Condolences

Posted by Butch on July 12, 2016 at 20:12:13:

Well done "Moderaters & Co.". You folkes are doing a great job of keeping the peace on Castlebar.Info, and have been for many years, maith an Fir agus Cailini.
The Nostalgia Board was my saving grace for that I shall always be greatfull,. Albeit, yes, I went AWOL on ual but I am going to reenlist, why? because Nil me Marabh, yet!!.The words are like the lottery balls tumbling around in my head.I need to let them out. More importantly I made a promise to Mary Magnolia that I would not desert her. By all that is dear to me I shall not!.However I must address an issue that has been bothering me for a long time. To try and put my sugestions in context. I refer back to a post that I placed some YEARS ago R/E The demographics of the population in the continent of Europe, and the continents of The America's. For the first time in the history of the planet there are more elderly people living to-day.Consquently the rate of bereavment increases. The Irish people live a good and long life. On the Newport Roadmost every farmer and wife lived past 90 berfore they passed. Mary Carney is still kicking(passed 3 weeks ago @ 95 years,rest in peace) well into her 90's.Tom Moran had to be 85 + JohnnyMaChale and his wife both in their 90's Mr. Cawley, Paddy 'o Hare was driving his car home when the engine stalled He opened his door got out and was promptly run over by a passing car,Paddy O Hare was 93 years of age. And so the weight and responsibility of this sadness was picked up and placed on the shoulders of the contributers of the Nostalgia Board Just scan thro the pages for ten years or more and you will see the RIP'S scattered like ashes on EVERY page.It is my pasionate plea that the good people on the main bullten board share the responsibility of posting their condolences. I can't believe that in spite of the age group that nobody had any knowledge of the people that have passed onward over the past decade friends cousins family grandpa's knew of socially. I believe that it would be wholly beneficial and healthy, and further the belief that we all share the benefits of being able to express ourselves through this unique Castlebar Medium.I found the solution to this problem on the B.B.But whether or not I can persuade the powers that be to create my sugestion may have to wait for another day. Anyways to get to the heel of the hunt some two years ago or so three contributers posted three meaningless opinions on the main bulletin board. Basically what they said was;That our very own Enda Kenny was a Westport native and should be rewarded a condolence book(go Figure?) Now I went to St Geralds and sat besides Henry Kenny JR.My father was a friend of Henry Kenny SR.T.D. and we visited their house every now and again. The house was located a tad past the Islaneady cut off on road to Newport maybe inthe parish of (help me here with spelling) Curnanual Parsons house and the schoolhouse(Headmaster Paddy Eagin) were side by side in that parish for sure about a mile away from the birthplace of our current prime minister.As to what a book of condolences plays in this scenario baffles me. But in my persuasions here to-day it makes sense;"A book of Condolences built on the site so that A; both boards can share and anyone else B:one exception that eulogy's such as the one penned by MR. Kileen .An eloquent tribute to one of his friends,these be left on the N.B.As the majority of sympathy's are not larger then a sentence. So I appeal to the Masters of Castlebar .Info to embrace this solution to a bettor way. To garnish whatever support you shall need, be it Technical , Fiscal, or Moral.All you need really is to all agree, and faith shall be instilled.I remain your most disobedient servant, James Desmond Augustine Daly,AKA Butch.

Follow-Ups:

Post a Follow-Up

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: (http:// required)
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: (http:// required)

In submitting this post for publication I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Disclaimer

[ Post Follow-Up ] [ Follow-Ups ] [ The BB Index ] [ Main BB ] [ Disclaimer ] [NB Refresh for current version]