The Museum Shop in the National Museum of Ireland, Turlough Park, Castlebar, Co. Mayo will be open from 12-5 this Sunday (7 December) for its Christmas Shopping Day.
Select your gifts from the following ranges:
* All price ranges: wide and varied range of specialist books
* EUR10 and Under: Exclusive Christmas cards; Pocket and desk address books; Extensive stationery range; Candles; Soaps; Pens; Posters; handcrafted tree decorations
* EUR20 and under: Ties; Lapel pins; Ceramics; handcrafted wooden jigsaws; cross-stitch handcraft kits
* EUR30 and under: Scarves; Clocks; Ceramics; Framed craftwork; Candle Holders; Coasters
* EUR50 and under: Turned wood; Jewellery; Glassware; Ceramics; Hats and scarves
* EUR100 and under: Throws; Turned wood; Jewellery; Pottery; Scarves
The following offers will be available during the day:
* Free pocket address book with all purchases over EUR50
* Free gift wrapping on all purchases (during December)
* Free tea/coffee in the Cafe with all shop purchases over EUR30 (during December).
Other offers during December include:
* Tuesdays free pocket address book with purchases over EUR50
* Wednesdays 10% off ceramics
* Thursdays 10% off textiles
* Fridays St. Brigid's cross special offer EUR30
* Saturdays 100% silk tie with exclusive tie pin EUR35
* Sundays chrome pen gift with purchases over EUR50
Offers subject to availability
Please visit www.museum.ie or contact the Museum shop (094 90 31767; fax: 094 90 31628 e-mail: email@example.com) for further details of promotions during December.
The Museum Cafe will be serving carvery lunch on Sunday from 12pm.
At 2.30 on Sunday 7 December,
a Craft Demonstration "101 Uses of Straw!"
will be held in the exhibition galleries of the Museum. Watch Ted Kelly weaving straw to make a Wren Boy's Hat.
The Wren, the Wren, the King of All Birds, on St. Stephen's Day it was caught in the furze. Up with the kettle and down with the pan, give me a penny to bury the Wren.
Admission Free but booking necessary.
For bookings please contact the Education and Outreach Dept. (Mon-Fri: 10am - 2pm) Tel: 094 90 31751 or 01 6486 304; fax: 094 90 31498; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org