Since its establishment in 1976, MSC has earned a good reputation in both cruising and racing. There are currently 140 members, who own 25 cruiser/racers, 5 adult dinghy’s, 20 junior dinghy’s.
From regular summer cruising along the west coast and its islands, to wilderness expeditions to the Antarctic and Artic, members have demonstrated their enthusiasm for sailing. On the racing front members have been to the fore in open events along the west coast arising from the very competitive club racing which has evolved at home at MSC.
MSC moved to Rosmoney in 1983, and in 2003 can now offer its members during the season, (April to September, except for adult dinghy’s which will start in January)
- junior sail training and racing each summer,
- two handed dinghy training and racing each Sunday afternoon
- Class 1 and Class 2 cruiser racing Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons ( 5 Race Series),
- introduction to sailing courses Tuesdays in May
- flotilla cruise to Boffin August Bank Holiday, and various cruises planned during season,
- Annual club regatta 16th & 17th August .
- Launching & Laying-up Suppers
Club facilities at Rosmoney
- Changing rooms, toilets and showers
- Bar & social room
- Boat shed for storing outboards etc.
- Private slipway and hard stand berthage
- Access to moorings
- 3 rescue boats and 1 race committee boat
- A new Clubhouse on site at Rosmoney with extended hardstand is being planned for 2003.
- 2 new adult dinghy’s will be purchased by the Club this Spring to facilitate entry to the sport by newcomers.
Annual Membership Subscription
The members have set the Annual Subscription for 2003 as follows:-
- Family €220
- Single €150
- Junior €75
- Country €80
- Student €75
- Introductory €80
Commodore 2003, on behalf of the Committee. 12th January 2003