Posted by Murrisk on May 06, 2001 at 22:37:02:
In Reply to: Re: Old St. Mary's posted by JDP on May 06, 2001 at 22:27:45:
The 1838 6"=1 mile topo map shows quarries in Pigeon Park where the Fair Green would later be. There were also quarries close to where St. Mary's sports ground would later be built and close to where its graveyard would be. Neither of these area show as having quarries in the 6"=1 mile topo mpa of 1913-17. The 1838 map shows a quarry west of Rathbawn Lake but it is not present on the later map.
Post a Followup