[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Photos] [ Castlebar.News] [ Castlebar Nostalgia Board ]
[Photo Galleries ][Polls Discussion ] [
Go to Castlebar ] [ The BB Index ] [ Disclaimer ] [Nostalgia Board ] [Main BB ] [Roots ]
[NB Refresh for current version and all follow-ups]
Posted by M on February 25, 2004 at 10:58:14:
In Reply to: Re: thatched cottage posted by MM on February 23, 2004 at 12:05:22:
OK - a little tutorial on how to place photos here or on the main BB.
1. Click on the post a followup link or start a new thread and type in whatever text you want to appear below the photo.
2. Open a second window in your browser - using Ctrl-N or File -> New -> New Window and in this window browse to the photo that you want to insert in the post.
3. Right-click on the photo select properties from the pop-up menu and then highlight all of the Address (URL) for the image starting with http:// and ending with .jpg or .gif.
4. Copy this address - use Ctrl-C or right click and select copy so that it's on your clipboard ready to paste - NB the address must be highlighted fully when you do this - it may be two lines and usually ends in .jpg or .gif
5. Now return to the original post (using whateer method you use to switch windows normally - e.g. use alt-tab to switch back or click on the bottom bar if visible to switch browser windows)
6. Back at your post paste the link to the image into the bottom box labelled 'Optional Image URL:'
7. Click submit and that's it!
Post a Followup
[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Castlebar Nostalgia Board ]