Things to do in Castlebar
1. Museum of Country Life NATIONAL Museum of Ireland - Turlough, Cross of Cong is on display which has returned to Mayo for first time in 170 years. For more information on shows coming up go to www.museum.ie
2. The Royal Theatre and Event Centre - Old Westport Rd Castlebar. The TF Royal Theatre in Castlebar is the third largest venue in Ireland capable of accommodating some of the biggest global acts, the most requested artists and the most spectacular shows available. With a capacity of 2,000 people standing and 1,500 people seats. For more information on shows coming up go to www.royaltheatre.ie
3. The Linenhall Arts Centre - The Linenhall Arts Centre has been providing an arts service to the people of Mayo for the last twenty years, including, Music, Drama, Visual Arts, Literature, Film, Festivals, Participatory Arts. For more information on shows coming up go to www.thelinenhall.com
4.Castlebar Tennis Club - Lannagh road, Castlebar. Castlebar Tennis Club is one of the major Tennis Clubs in Connacht and boasts 6 all weather court. For more information just firstname.lastname@example.org or call 094 9023644
5. Turlough Equestrian Centre - Rockfield, Turlough, Castlebar, Phone: 094 9026646
6. Castlebar Swimming Pool - The Mall, Castlebar, Co. Mayo. Tel: 094 90 21357
7. Mayo Leisure Point - Mayo Roller Bowl opened in November 1983 offering visitors a wide range of leisure activities. Attractions on offer : Ten Pin Bowling - Laser Q2000 - Childrens Nokeys Adventureland - Video Games - American Pool - Snooker - Snack Bar - Pool. For more information go to www.mayoleisurepoint.ie
8. Mayo Movie World - 7 Screen Cinema, Mayo's first High Definition Digital Cinema. For more information go to www.mayomovieworld.net
9. Visit The Mayo Memorial Peace Park and stroll around Lough Lannagh, Lannagh Road, Castlebar.
10. Walking - If you are feeling energetic you can take one of many walks around Castlebar. Just visit the Mayo walks guide (http://www.mayowalks.ie/Home/) to find the right trail for you.
11. Golf - Why not go over to the Castlebar Golf Club for a day of golf with your friends or family.
12. Shop' till you drop - If its retail therapy and bargains you're after then Castlebar has it all, from big brand names to exclusive boutiques and independents. Try the new Castlebar Quarter or MAYBE YOU'LL PREFER THE CHARM OF Main Street and Market Square. Big City Shopping in Compact Castlebar.
13. Live Music - Take your Pick - For live music lovers there are many new breaking indie acts cutting their teeth in the bars of Castlebar. Also traditional music can be found in an array of character - filled pubs.