~ Mayo in May 2014 ~
2nd Ezine, November 2013. Ireland
a reminder about our 3rd festival in the West of Ireland.
We welcome both competing and non-competing choirs
to sing in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere
in the very scenic region of Mayo.
Please forward choir/competition entry form
- Competitions with internationally acclaimed adjudicators.
- Many competition categories.
- One-hour flight from major UK airports to our airport in Mayo - Ireland West International Airport, Knock.
- Direct rail-link from Dublin.
- Opportunities to sing and mingle with visiting choirs and to perform at some fantastic locations and venues - some modern, some quaint and some quirky!
- Choral Workshops / Demos.
- After-glows and impromptu singing in local pubs and plenty of good-natured banter inbetween.
Our Adjudicators for 2014
Our panel of adjudicators for 2014 includes:
- Jean-Claude Wilkens - Belgium
- Gwyn Arch - England
- Paul Davies (Barbershop) - England
- Orla Flanagan - Ireland
- Bernie Sherlock - Ireland
First prize and runner-up prizes
will be presented for each competition.
New this year is competition 'K - First Time Competitors'.
It's to encourage choirs that have never competed in any festival / choral event competition, to compete with choirs of similar experience levels and get the benefit of review and comments from our renowned panel of adjudicators.
Please forward choir/competition
entry form before 31.01.2014
First and Runner Up prizes for all competitions.
Competition A.Premier Competition
(Consisting of the winners of all other competitions).
Competition B. Four Part Choirs .
Competition C. Choirs from Ireland
Competition D. Female Voices.
Competition E. Male Voices.
Competition F. Sacred Music Choirs.
Competition G. Gospel Choirs.
Comórtas H. Gaelic or Celtic Language.
Competition I. Barbershop Chorus.
Competition J. Barbershop Quartet.
Competition K. First Time Competitors - new for 2014.
Click here for more competiton detail on our entry forms.
Mayo boasts a great variety of quality accommodation,
from Campsites to Castles, it's all here!
A reminder that we recommend
to book accommodation now, at least provisionally, as hotels in Mayo are telling us that some choirs have already booked. Great interest from the USA, England, Scotland and Wales, as well as many choirs from Ireland.
Closing date for entry fast- approaching, 31st Jan 2014.
Accommodation details on our festival syllabus
Proud to be associated with
the Handel Challenge
The 'Handel Challenge' sees 100 choir members rehearsing over several months to perform Handel's Messiah in Mayo,
and to raise €20,000 for a new Mayo palliative care centre.
The performance takes place on the 8th December,
Church of the Holy Rosary, Castlebar.
Chairman: Edward Horkan +353 (0)94 90 26214
Festival Director: Declan Durcan +353 (0)94 9024421
By Post: Festival Office, C/o Edward Horkan, 5 Cashel Park, Castlebar, Co. Mayo Ireland.
Get the 2014 festival syllabus and entry forms.