Schools Competition in the National Museum of Ireland - Country Life
(Entry form at the end of the page)
The National Museum of Ireland invites you to celebrate
your community's extraordinary ordinary people
The National Museum of Ireland – Country Life is inviting primary and post primary students to nominate the most extraordinary person in your area.
· Upper Primary 4th to 6th Class
· Junior Cert 1st to 3rd Year
We would like to find out from you something about a person from your area who has made an important contribution to your community between the years 1850–2000. Before you decide on someone, we would like you to talk to older members of your family or older people in your locality to find out their ideas.
Once you have decided on your extraordinary ordinary person, your entry must include:
- A record of an interview with an older person about your extraordinary ordinary person.
- A short biography of the person nominated including information on their background, area they came from, their family and working life.
- The reason why you chose this person (i.e) give an account of what they have achieved and what their legacy is.
- Information on if or how they are celebrated, commemorated or remembered.
- A picture of the person.
A map of the birthplace or area associated with your chosen person.
- An overall prize will be awarded to the best entry. The judges, whose decision is final, will also award a number of prizes to entries that are highly recommended.
- Prize winning entries and a selection of entries of merit will be exhibited in the museum.
- Entries clearly marked ‘Schools Competition- Extraordinary Ordinary People’ will be accepted up until 25th November.
- For further details please contact the Education and Outreach Department: 094 903 1751 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry form below.
Name of Extraordinary Ordinary Person
Name of Entrant
School Name & Address
School Phone Number________________________
This is entirely my own work (signature of student)
I hereby declare that to the best of my knowledge, the contents submitted by this student is his/her original work:
Signature of supervising teacher: ______________________________
For more information:
Please contact the Education & Outreach Department
Tel: 094 90 31751 Fax: 094 90 31498 Email: email@example.comBookings Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 10am to 2pm