FORGOTTEN OBJECT CHILDREN'S COMPETITION
AT THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF IRELAND - COUNTRY LIFE
Is it rusty, is it old, is there a story to be told......?
Attics and sheds are full of old things from long ago. Do you have any interesting objects from the past? Does it have a story? What was it used for? Did someone in your family or a neighbour use it? We would like to hear about it.
Why not enter our competition! Find a ‘forgotten object' and use it to make a drawing, painting, poem or short story.
There are two categories:
Art: Drawing, painting, collage or photograph Or
Written: Poem, short story or essay.
· Single and group entries accepted.
· Art or written work should be based on the theme ‘forgotten objects'.
· Entries must include at least two sentences explaining why the student picked this object.
· All entries must be student's original work.
· An entry form must accompany each work signed by teacher.
Entries clearly marked ‘School's Competition' will be accepted until the 23rd March 2012.
Send entries to:
Education and Outreach Department
National Museum of Ireland - Country Life