||Last Updated: 27, May 2017 - 09:47
FÉILE NA TUAITHE 2008: PART-TIME PROJECT ASSISTANT REQUIRED |
The fourth annual "Féile na Tuaithe, Turlough Park: A Celebration of Country Life Today" will take place at the National Museum of Ireland - Country Life, Turlough Park, Castlebar, Co. Mayo on Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 May 2008.
A Part-time Project Assistant is required to work with the Marketing Department in planning the '08 event. This is a part-time Contract for Service position. The total duration of the contract is max. 140 hours over a period of max. 10 weeks (starting early March)
Service to be provided:
* Assist with the organisation of the programme of events for Féile '08, in consultation with the Marketing Executive and other relevant staff (eg. curators, Education etc).
* Liaise with the Marketing Executive in preparing and costing a comprehensive programme of events (where required)
* Providing costs for various suppliers, performers etc to the Marketing Executive for approval in advance of bookings being made (where required)
* Liaise with potential participants and confirm participation in advance of event (subject to approval of the Marketing Executive)
* Assist with the sourcing of musicians and performers (where required)
* Arrange suppliers of marquees, PA systems, on-site electricians etc.
* Ensure efficient set up of event in days prior to event
* Ensuring smooth running of event during weekend
* Act as one of the on-site contacts for participants
* Other hands-on work as required.
Award criteria will be based on
* Proven track record in the organisation of events
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Knowledge of the Museum/cultural sector
* The contract amount is estimated at max. EUR1,500 (EUR10.31p. hour, max. 140 hours)
* Payment method will be based on submission of invoices for work completed.
* Payments will be made every two weeks over the duration of the project
* This is a part-time contract for service, and the contractor will be responsible for payment of own tax/PRSI
* Retention tax of 20% is deducted from each payment. However, this total amount can be reclaimed at the end of the contract.
How to apply
Submit letter of application, together with a short CV (indicating how you meet the criteria above), to:
National Museum of Ireland - Country Life
Tel: 094 90 31777
On or before Friday 1 February 2008.
© Copyright 2008 by © Contributor(s) and Castlebar Web Pages 1997 - 2017
Top of Page